Sunday, March 29, 2009

Food Storage Update

I went to the grocery store and spent a little over $130 to get more food storage. I am happy with our progress but we still need to get water. I want to go back and get at least 7 cases of water bottles as well as several-gallon jugs of water. If there were an emergency right now I feel our biggest problem would be water and milk. I need to get powdered milk for Ethan boy! We would be in a lot of trouble without his milk! It has been fun getting food storage and seeing my cupboards fill up. I did a quick inventory and this is what we have so far:

-72 hour kit from the cannery

-Beans
black beans-4 cans
refried beans-12
kidney beans-8
pinto beans-14
red beans-6
chili beans-10

-Meat
cans of chicken-11
cans of tuna-17
several pounds of frozen chicken and hamburger

-Vegetables
corn-12 cans
green beans-17

-Tomato products
diced tomatoes-12 cans
tomato sauce-15
tomato paste-13
tomato soup-3

-Fruit
mandarin oranges-3 cans
applesauce-4 jars of 46oz bottles
3 packs of individual snack size applesauce
pears and peaches-5 cans

-Soups
several kinds of soup (chicken noodle etc.)-14 cans
cream of chicken-13
cream of mushroom-5
chicken broth-9

-Noodles/Rice
Penne pasta-2boxes
jumbo shells-1 large box
mac and cheese-5 boxes
lasagna noodles-2 boxes
egg noodles-huge bag
angel hair pasta-4 boxes
spanish rice-7 bags

-Baking supplies
flour-1 bag
sugar-1 bag
brown sugar-2 bags
powdered sugar-2 bags
yeast-1 package

-Misc.
cake mix-7 boxes
frosting-4 jars
brownie boxes-4
instant jello-10 boxes
instant pudding-12 boxes
instant oatmeal-3 boxes
oats-2 large boxes
rice cereal-6 boxes
peanut butter-6 jars
olives-6 cans
chicken stuffing-2 boxes
juice-11 bottles
green chiles- 6 cans
water-10 gallon jugs
seasonings of all kinds and packets

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good job! That shelf looks perfectly organized. I'm glad to see my family prepared. It's comforting.

Laurie said...

Looks good to me. The question I guess you ask is, Will Ethan eat all these foods? What do I need to get that he would eat? You stay pretty stocked though, so you'll be in good shape.