Sept 2004-This was our first apartment. It is actually the Goodman's condo which we enjoyed living in our first year. It was nice having three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a good-size kitchen, a living room and a balcony. It also was furnished which was really nice for us. The condo was right next to the Y on the mountain and we had a really nice view.
October 2004- This is Jared and me outside the conference center. Jared's parents came up for the weekend for conference which was a lot of fun. We got to go to a few sessions. Going to conference was a great experience for me and I am glad we were able to do that.
October 22, 2004- Danny's friend came to visit me! I took Jared to school around 10am for his class because I did not have to work that day. I was gone for no more than 10 minutes. When I walked in my apartment I saw someone in my pantry who was hiding and his back was towards me. He kind of looked like Danny, so I said, "Danny?" He said, "No, but I am Danny's friend." I knew instantly that he was not Danny's friend. The person was tall, had brown hair, was wearing really nice clothes, khakis and a nice button down shirt like Danny but it was not Danny or his friend. There was a man hiding in my kitchen and I knew immediately that this was a robber. My hand was still on the door, so I slammed it shut and ran as fast as I could to our neighbor's apartment down stairs. The door was unlocked so I ran in and locked the door. I called for someone to help me and a minute later two boys came out. I had woken them up and I told them I had been robbed. We ran up stairs to see if he was still there and to see what if anything he had taken. As the boys were looking around my apartment I saw the man driving away from our complex. (It turned out that as Jared and I were leaving to take him to school we had seen the robber in the parking lot but didn't know at the time. He saw us leaving so he knew our apartment was a good target. I thought he looked lost as we were walking out but didn't really think much of it until later.) I called the police and as they were on their way, the boys went after the robber in their car. The robber had left Belmont and a few minutes later returned and from my balcony I could see him parked down the street. This man obviously did not have a brain. I was able to direct the cops as well as the boys right to him. The boys ended up cornering the robber and then the cops got there. I had to identify the man and the police arrested him. This whole time Jared was still at school and didn't know anything was going on. I had called him but he did not see that I called, so I finally got a hold of Seth and he was able to go to Jared's class and let him know what had happened. Needless to say Jared's stomach dropped when he heard that so he took Seth's car and came right over. It turned out that the man did not take anything, but Jared's laptop was in the pantry when I found him. He was on his way out when I found him so he had no where to go...so he hid in the kitchen and luckily he couldn't take the computer. After that experience I would not be by myself, and still to this day do not like to. When I would come home from work I would wait for Seth or Danny to meet me so we could go in the house together. I was done with work at 3pm everyday and Jared was not home until about 6 at night everyday so they would keep me company. It was such an awful thing but I was very lucky things happened the way they did. By the way, the picture that I have posted is of the police finger-printing our apartment. They were not able to get a finger print off of anything. They say it is really hard to and they usually are not able to find one which is really too bad.
October 31, 2004-On Halloween Jared and I carved pumpkins and made carmel apples. We had never made carmel apples before so we thought we would try it. We had always just melted the carmel and cut the apples up to dip them. It was fun making the apples but really we like our old way of just mealting the camels and dipping the apples. We didn't get any trick-or-treaters that year.
November 2004- This is Jared and his dad on Thanksgiving day roasting (actually BBQing) the turkey. The Goodman's remodeled their backyard not too long ago and so they wanted to try out their new BBQ. It turned out pretty good and it was a neat experiment. It is nice to have our parents so close to each other so we can see both families on the holidays.
December 2004-We went to temple square to see the Christmas lights. It was neat to see all the colors and the nativity scene. On our way to Temple Square we walked through the mall and they had little kids playing Christmas music and they were so talented. It was fun to walk around and get into the Christmas spirit. For Christmas we went home to California to be with family.
January 1, 2005- New Year's Day! For New Year's we went to both of our families houses to play games and celebrate. The boys enjoy playing Risk and will play for hours on end while the girls just hang out.
Janurary 4, 2006- This is Jared and Danny on Jared's 25th birthday. In the morning I made Jared breakfast which is a Fisher tradition on your birthday. My dad always makes breakfast in the morning which usually consists of eggs, bacon, juice, danish, and toast. It is a good way to start off your birthday. After school and work I invited Danny and Seth over for dinner and some cake and ice cream. Jared had a good day.
February 2005-When Jared was a little boy he had a traumatic experience on the hill while skiing, so since that time Jared would not go skiing. He hated the idea of going skiing and his dad had been trying for years. Jared finally gave in when his dad told Jared he would pay him for going as well as pay for our trip. Jared did very well and he actually enjoyed it...but still it might take a little work to get him to go again.
March 12, 2005-This was my 21st birthday. I woke up to Jared making me breakfast and the house decorated with balloons, Reese's peanut butter cups shaped as 21 and a bottle of sparkling cider in a bowl of ice (as if it was a bottle of champagne because I was now 21). Later that day we went shopping and Jared took me out to dinner to Oliver Garden. I had a great birthday.
1 comment:
hey christy-i just wanted to quick say hi! i hope things are going well. your pics are cute! It was good seeing you at my mom's open house. I hope you have a good week. kelli
Post a Comment