Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Week recap

Friday-In the evening we went to the Fullerton Civic Light Opera because Suzie Marquis has season tickets and was sick and unable to use them. She was going to take Mom and Dad but Jared and I got to go instead. We went and saw "The Phantom of the Opera" but it wasn't Andrew Lloyd Weber's version. It was very different from the version we saw in New York which is fun to see a different take on the story. We all really enjoyed it and it was fun to get out for a fun evening. When I was little I would go with Dad, Grandma and Papa a few times a year. We had season tickets so we rotated which kid got to go with them, but I think I got to go most of the time. The boys were never interested, Heather was too young to enjoy it and I don't know about Laurie. I am just glad it worked out in my favor because I loved going. I remember seeing Peter Pan, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Fiddler on the Roof, Annie, Phantom of the Opera and several others. Grandma would always bring Milk Duds, Werthers, and Life Savers. We had some fun times. After the show we spent the night at mom's and dad's.
Saturday-Jared and I woke up really early so I could get blood taken. I had to be fasting for this test but it turned out they don't do the test I need on Saturdays. What a bust! It would have been nice if we had known that. I have to go drink some really sugary drink and sit there for an hour and then get my blood taken. I think it is to check my blood sugar or something to that extent. I still need to find a time to take it. When we got home to the parental units house, we made eggs and bacon and started working on the garage. We worked from 8am to 3pm and got so much done. Jared had to leave for work around 12pm but we were able to get a lot done with his and John's help. The picture above is the garage before we started and this one is after.
Sunday-I got a cold on Sunday and so I was wiped out for most of the day. Mom and I made homemade bread, made a fire and watched some movies. Jared had to work at the computer lab again so I spent the day in Tustin. When Jared picked me up after work we had a crazy adventure, but a lucky and safe one. After work, Jared came to Tustin to pick me up around 10pm. As we entered on the 55 freeway we saw a cop with his lights on sitting on the overpass. As we got on the freeway there was another cop car with his lights on off to the side. We thought that was weird but we kept driving. As we came to the next overpass, there were two more cop cars and so we really began to wonder what was going on. A few minutes later we look behind us and there are about 5 cop cars with their sirens on behind us . We were in the 2nd lane from the right shoulder, and there was a car right next to us so we couldn't get over anymore because there was a car in front of us in the next lane but still in our way. Before we knew it a white car zooms in between us and the car next to us, almost clipping the front part of our car. We were in the middle of a high-speed chase and we were so close to getting hit! We were really lucky that we were safe because I thought we were going to get hit. It was kind of fun at the same time to be in the middle of a freeway chase and see all the cops and helicopters over head.
Monday-After work Jared and I went grocery shopping, got new cell phones at Verizon and I went shopping at Target. I have seen some really cute clothes there the last few weeks, but I never had the time or energy to try them all on. I knew if I didn't soon they would all be gone. I held back on a lot more because I don't want to buy clothes that I will not get to wear for several months and may never fit into again. I bought 3 skirts and 4 tops to go with some church outfits I have. The prices were right so I couldn't resist. The picture doesn't show them that well but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Child. Those are cute clothes, they are good colors. I saw that skirt there and thought about trying it on but didn't. I really like the sweaters...I want to get me some. :) Cool phone too! haha

Laurie said...

I didn't see that skirt. They must have new stuff. I gotta get myself over there.

Oh yeah, I used to go with Grandma, Papa, and Dad to the Civic Light Opera regularly too. That was a lot of fun.