Sunday, May 13, 2007

Goodbye Palo Verde, Hello Verano

This weekend we moved down the road to Verano. Our families were so nice to help us all weekend. There is no way we could have done it without them. On Friday night we had everyone over and we moved everything out of our apartment into our new one. Before Friday we had not seen our new place so I was kind of nervous about it, but I was pleasantly surprised. It has new carpet and new flooring in the bathroom and kitchen. That was my main concern because it is a much older apartment, but we really lucked out. This is a picture of Jared and me in front of our old apartment tonight as we were leaving for the last time.
We have really enjoyed living at Palo Verde but we needed a two bedroom so it was time to move. So far we are really happy with our new place because it has a little more of a homely feel to it. As you can see Jared had a hard time leaving! This was our first place of our own. Our first year of marriage we lived in the Goodman's condo, which we loved but it was not really "ours."

The picture above is in front of Palo Verde. The picture below is of our new townhome. We still need to put pictures up, but for the most part everything is done. With everyone's help we were able to get so much done on Friday and Saturday. I have been really pleased with the outcome of everything and feel good about it. I was a little afraid because I have loved Palo Verde and have felt safe, and that is so important to have a good feeling in your home and I think I will have the same feelings here.

No comments: