I have been going through some of my cookbooks and marking easy, affordable recipes that we would enjoy eating. I have found a lot of good recipes that I want to try. Among all of them I found this candy bar brownie recipe that looks mighty good. I think I will make it today.
Candy Bar Brownies
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 C. sugar
3/4 C. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 C. Hershey cocoa
4- 2.07 oz. Snickers candy bars, coarsely chopped
3- 1.55 oz. Hershey milk chocolate bars, finely chopped
Combine first four ingredients in large bowl; stir well. Combine flour and next three ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Fold in chopped Snickers bars. Spoon into a greased and floured 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with chopped Hershey bars. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan and cut in squares. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
Well, Jared is off to his test. He left this morning at 7:45 to Lake Forest where the test is being held. He said he didn't sleep all that well last night but he felt rested so that is all that matters. I made him a nice breakfast but he was only able to eat a few bites due to his stomach being a little upset because of his nerves. I was nervous as well, but not nervous enough not to be able to eat my bacon and eggs. It is kind of funny how people get nervous for others. I am not the one having to take the test but I feel for him and it makes me nervous because it will be a long testing day and it is not an easy test to take. I know it will be the same when I go into labor. I know Jared will silently be really nervous about the whole thing but he won't let on so I will stay calm. It is just funny how that happens and it is a good thing because you can sympathize with the person. We have all gone through things that we didn't want to, and as a result we are able to understand where people are coming from and how they feel.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment