Thursday, July 17, 2008

Twilight

I just finished the biggest book I have ever read besides a textbook. It is pretty sad I know but I have never enjoyed reading because I struggle at it. Everyone that I talk to loves Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse, which are books about vampires by Stephenie Meyer, so I thought if there was a book I would be able to get through maybe it would be these. I just finished Twilight and I'm now excited to get into New Moon, the second book. Most people can't put these books down and are done in two days but it took me a little longer because I could put it down but it kept me interested. I also only have limited time because of Ethan. During Ethan's nap time it is always a question of reading or sleeping and sleeping seems to win a lot. I have to wake so early with Ethan that I am worn out if I don't rest my eyes for a bit.

Well, Ethan is a very strong-willed baby for sure. He is having temper tantrums a lot more this week. If I have the front door open and I walk by it with him and he wants to go outside he starts crying and throws himself back in my arms. He will do the same if I take him away from something that is dangerous or an object he should not play with. I was walking with him the other night and as we walked by the playground and he had a fit because he wanted to go inside. How am I supposed to know these things? He doesn't talk but he definitely lets you know with his actions and that is all he can do. I fear we have a monster in the making and he is still too young to teach him that you can't throw fits. He is only 10 months but acts a lot older. I just hope this is a small phase and something that he will quickly overcome. I am just amazed at how smart he is. He really is a cute boy and he just knows what he wants.

No comments: