Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grandparents

We are grateful for Grandparents in our lives. I am so thankful I was close to my Grandpa and Grandma Jack growing up. I have said many times how grateful I am that Ethan knows and loves both sets of his grandparents. He is one lucky boy to have so many people that love him so much. He lights up when he sees them. He truly is so excited and knows when we are close to their homes when we are driving. The other day when Grandma came to get him he didn't want anything to do with us - he just wanted to be with his Grammy. We are so grateful for our parents and all the love they give us and him.

Last night Dad came over to play with Ethan and play games with us. It was fun having him over. We are so used to always going to Tustin that it was nice having a visitor at our house. He is a bachelor for the weekend since mom took Grandma Greene to her new care facility in Utah. We ended up playing several games of Scattergories and had a good time.

In other news, Grandma Greene has been in her new place for less than 24 hours and has already been warned that if she wanders off again she will be kicked out of the facility. They found her in Walmart and it took five workers to get her back kicking and screaming. It just makes me laugh because 1. someone else is dealing with it and 2. it is so predictable. She is such a wanderer and she has no idea where she is or what she's doing, so she went exploring. Can you blame her? She will most likely end up somewhere else where she gets a higher level of care. The sad thing is that is only the beginning of what she put them through today. I am glad I am far from being old.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It is really lucky you and Laurie have both sets of grandparents around. And they are all wonderful grandparents!

Heather said...

ps- Playing games with Dad sounded like fun. I'm glad you got to do that together.