Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All cooped up

I feel like I am going to lose my mind today. I can only go so many days without activity before I want to scream. I have always been an on-the-go type of girl. I need activity, interaction and friends. I have always loved hanging out with people and I'm quite content just sitting and talking, don't need to do much but I don't even get that these days. Yesterday we had a fun day with Jared on his day off going to the park to play, feeding the ducks and out to lunch. Today I feel weighed down though, like there is no hope for our situation to change. I think we will be able to have a friend to play with once a week but we will have to learn to find joy in staying home. I hoped for Preschool for Ethan this fall but it is way too expensive. Maybe I can get him in some other activities in the community that he will enjoy instead. On top of that Ethan gets up more often at 5:30 now instead 6am so our mornings are extra early, making our days extra long. I am making him play on his own or lay down with me because that is just too early! He will usually lay down with me for a few minutes but then he needs me to help him in the bathroom, or he wants to eat, or needs help with his broken train. He is ready to play with his alphabet sticker book, play trains, games, ride his bike, play ball - you name it he wants to do it and we do multiple times a day. The hard thing is if we go out to the park I still don't get a break and more often than not it is way harder because I am now in 100 degree weather with Tanner strapped to me in the Bjorn while I am chasing Ethan around the park.

Well, I wrote this earlier in the day and now I feel like life is great again, Ethan is in bed. :) Today I just felt a little beat down because moving to LA has been a hard transition for me. I have so much to be grateful for and see the Lord's hand in my life constantly. I am grateful for a loving husband who works so hard to provide for his family and then comes home and works right beside me to raise our children. I am grateful for two healthy boys that are so cute and make everything worth it. I am so grateful I get to be a mother and stay home to raise my children instead of having to work. We are all blessed because of that! We have great family, friends, a true church, our health, a roof over our heads and so much more. I hope to never take these things for granted. What more could a girl ask for? Nothing, I am truly blessed!

No comments: