Monday, August 23, 2010

You know it's hot when...

...your peanut butter is turning into soup.
...your little baby has sweat dripping from his head.
...your chocolates are already melting in the mid morning.
...Ethan needs to wash his hands because they are sweating so bad. He thinks the trains he's pushing are hot, causing the sweating.

Needless to say, I turned on the air. Today really didn't feel that bad to me, but the high for today came in at 98 degrees. For some reason it is almost always cooler outside than inside our home. We really start to feel the heat around 1-3pm, during nap time. Turning on the air takes the edge off, but it's still warm even with fans going throughout the house. Tomorrow the high will be 108 and Wednesday 104. Towards the end of the week it will drop to just below 100. Wish we had a pool!
Today we signed Ethan up for preschool, two days a week, on Monday and Wednesdays. It will be nice having a routine during the week and some time to get errands done with Tanner. We have been practicing writing letters. Ethan really likes writing the E and the H. The larger E in the picture above was written by Ethan, all by himself. I am pretty impressed with his writing abilities.
This afternoon while feeding Tanner, Ethan went into the bathroom to wash his hands. He shut the door, which is never a good thing, so I called his name and told him to open it. He was not responding to me so I asked him what he was doing. He likes getting into our floss, tooth paste and has tried getting into other things, like Jared's cologne. He came out of the bathroom brushing his hair. I said, "What were you doing?" He said, while smiling really big and brushing his hair, "I'm charming!" I could smell him from a mile away and knew he had gotten into the cologne, when he was telling me that his skin hurt. We told him not to get into the cologne because it's for big boys and it could make your skin hurt (we said that to have a better chance of him leaving it alone). Well, I guess that didn't work because now we have an empty bottle of cologne and a headache from the beautiful aroma of our house.

Jared is enjoying residency so far, but he is definitely working hard and has some long hours. Tonight he is on call so he will be gone at least until 10pm. He is leaving around 5-6am for work so on average he puts in around 13 hours. He gets Wednesday off this week and has to work overnight call on Saturday. In a few weeks he will be on a rotation where he gets weekends off, so that will be so nice. We are going to try to do something fun and new on his days off. This week we might go to the LA Zoo.

1 comment:

Bedkes said...

Yuck sounds hot. Better come back we have had beautiful weather here. Put a pic of your hair, I want to see it.