
The last week Jared and I have not been home much at all. It seems that we haven't been getting home until at least 10ish just to get right into bed. We have been hanging out with both of our families. As I look back on the week I don't know too much of what we have been doing, but we just have been getting home late. On Thursday we were hanging out with my family and then on our way home Jared called his parents to say hi and they were on their way to see Superman and they invited us to go along. We were almost home but we quickly turned around because we've been wanting to see it. It was a good movie...gotta love Superman. On Saturday I had to work for half a day which went well. It worked out well because Jared had to help out at a clinic, taking people's blood pressure and stuff like that.

After that we went to the Orange Stake Pioneer Day celebration. It was so hot outside but we thought we would go for a half hour or so, but ended up staying about two hours in the heat. It was around 110 degrees outside. It was nice that they had snowcones to help cool us off. It was fun to see some people from the stake. My favorite part about Pioneer day has always been the food. You can get a hot dog, nachos, drinks, snowcone, and watermelon all for about 25 cents each. The picture to the right is my mom's booth at the celebration. My mom and dad were asked to do a family history booth which looked really nice. As you can see my mom displayed some of her quilts she has made along with s

ome of my grandma's. My sewing machine was also on display, which was given to me by Jared's grandma. It was a neat display of some people's family histories, including some of my grandma's and grandpa's. Clayton had a lot of fun playing with Papa and he sure loaded up on lots of sugar. I don't know if I have ever seen Clayton that hyper. It was pretty funny. Because the heat was so bad we were constantly giving Jack little drinks of water or feeding him ice which he loved. After Pioneer Day my family went to the Goodman's to go swimming for a bit to cool down. It was refeshing and relaxing to swim. Today Jared and I went to two wards. We went to T3, which is the Goodman's ward and Laurie and John's ward. Dad was speaking as a high counselor so we went to hear his talk which was really good. Today he had to speak in two wards...I am sure he was glad when it was over! After Dad's talk we went to Doug Christensen's fairwell talk in his ward. Our whole family went to support him. He is going to Braz

il in about two weeks. After church we went to the Goodman's to have dinner: Kay made lasagna, rolls and salad. It is one of my favorite meals she makes because it is extra cheezy and I love cheese. She taught me how so now I can make it all the time. After dinner we went with my family to Doug's open house for a bit. It was neat to talk with Doug and his family. They are such a neat family who are so talented. This week has been a fun one but this coming week will be extremely busy with Seth and Katie's wedding coming up on Thurday. Family members are going to start flying in on Tuesday so that should be nice. We are excited for this week's festivites.
1 comment:
It was fun. I'm glad we could see you guys three times this weekend.
Post a Comment