Sunday, July 16, 2006
A relaxing weekend
This weekend has been a relaxing one. Thinking about it, really most of my weekends are. Sometimes I work on Saturdays but that is not often, and I am getting paid more for doing it and it is only half day. The time always seems to go fast so I enjoy making the extra money every once in a while. The weekends are nice for Jared during the school year because he has a few days off to try to catch up on things. For the most part he has to study all weekend so it is not much of a break. That is why this summer has been so nice. We really enjoy being able to do what we want, when we want. Jared is enjoying the time off. It is fun to just relax and hang out. This weekend we have been doing that. On Friday night we went to my parents' house to help clean up after the division and Heather came over to our house afterward to spend the night. The three of us went to see Pirates of the Caribbean with the Goodman's. None of us was very impressed, and we were all tired, cold, and it was long. The theater was freezing and of course this was one of the few times I did not bring a jacket. We saw a late showing, at 9:45 pm, so after a long day of work we were tired so our bed seemed better than the movie. It was ok but I won't normally go spend $10 dollars on the movie. Saturday morning Jared made Heather and I pancakes and then we went back to our parents' home. Laurie, Heather and I went shopping at South Coast Plaza for a dress for me for Seth's wedding. After looking everywhere in the mall we finally found one. All the girls are supposed to wear all black and I have never worn all black before. I look a lot better in color so it was different searching for an all black dress. After shopping we had dinner with my parents and then went to the Goodman's for a bit. We played some games and then headed home. Today we went to church, which was one of the last in our ward before school starts again. This summer, due to all of our vacations, homecomings, and mission farewells we won't be able to go to our ward. It has been a challenge getting a substitute for the sunbeams. We have been really amazed at how the parents are not really willing to help out and sub for their children's class. And the ones that have actually done it make you feel bad for asking them and are very hesitant. We don't get why parents won't teach their childrens' class when they don't have callings that would interfere. It is just amazing. Well, anyways, today we have been hanging low. Jared and I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. We are going to take some to a friend of ours, Suzie. Her husband is in Jared's class and he is in Utah for the summer so Suzie has been home alone. After that we are going to another friend of ours, the Taylors, to play games and have dessert. These couples are both in our ward and medical students so it is fun to hang out with them. The boys enjoy talking about their classes and experiences. It is nice to have some friends that are doing the same thing we are doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment