Monday, July 23, 2007

Update - 6 more weeks to go

Nothing too new is going on. This weekend Jared received his Step 1 score and of course he did well. He passed and got a score that was a little above the average so that is good enough for us. His Family Medicine rotation is going ok. The doctor over him sometimes expects too much out of him even though this is his first time exposed to a family practice. The office Jared goes to is on Culver and it is a practice with five partners, so Jared gets to rotate with some of the other doctors which he enjoys. They teach him and let him experience things a little more than the main doctor does and they are not so intimidating to him.

I have two more weeks left at work but am still feeling great, like I could work to the end. I would like to work at least four more weeks but I don't think I will, due to lack of Glenn using his brain. They have the girl they are training for my position doing my job every other day, which is not necessary since she has had three months to learn my job. This means every other day this leaves me on the side with nothing to do when she could have been put to use by answering phones or doing something useful until I go. I am still working and that is my job! Basically, she was hired two months early so it became my problem because Glenn didn't have a plan for her or was too lazy to teach her how to do the other positions. It is a long story but the bottom line is that it is not right. I could go on and on but everyone has heard me talk about it at least 50 times.

This weekend we went to Pioneer Day at the Orange Stake Center. They usually do it at a park, but last year it was so hot that they moved it to the church this year. They normally have hot dogs, nachos, soda, watermelon, and ice cream all for 25 cents but this year they did Del Taco because it is easier. I have to say I like the hot dogs, and all the other goodies for 25 cents because it's tradition. Jared and John played the log saw game which was a timed game to see how long it took them to cut the log with a saw. They did it in one minute and were in first place for a while. There were also horses you could ride and all sorts of pioneer games. It was a fun outing.

On Sunday we helped the Goodmans feed the Tustin Ranch Branch consisting of about 80 young single adults. We made spaghetti and meatballs and the kids brought all the side dishes. It went well and was fun to help. We didn't know if we were going to have enough sauce and meatballs, but we were fine and had plenty of leftovers.

No comments: