Sunday, February 24, 2008

A few things about me

I have been wanting to write stories or memories about my life the last several weeks so today I thought I would. I figured since I am 23 years old, soon to be 24, I will write that many things about myself.

1. I love being with people, especially family and friends. I have always been a "people person" and as a little girl I would talk to all the old men that would go walking on our street. There was this one elderly man who I was friends with, who I would go walking with sometimes. He would walk everyday and if I saw him walking I would continue walking with him down the rest of the street. He would bring me peanuts sometimes, the kind with the shell still on them. I was also best friends with Bert our next door neighbor. I would have dinner with him sometimes and go shopping. We were best buds.
2. I have always had adult friends even when I was a little girl. I got along very well with my friends' parents and enjoyed talking to them.
3. I have never liked going to the dentist. I would cry as a little girl even if it was just for a cleaning. I hate the smell and it always scared me.
4. I hate pencils. Even when I was a little girl I would not write with a pencil. I always used a pen to write with. I would use a pencil at school because I had to but other than that I would only use a special mechanical pencil if a pencil was required. I know this is weird but it is the smell that gets to me. I hate the smell of pencils getting sharpened.
5. I have always enjoyed cooking and want to further my cooking abilities.
6. I love to do things. I like to be busy. I wish I had a hobby I was really good at. I should work on getting one. I think about it a lot, which I guess is a good start!
7. School has always been a struggle for me. I have to work really hard at it and sometimes I still can't get the score on a test that I should considering the amount of time I put in. I know that happens to everyone sometimes, but I always worked way harder than your average kid to make up for it.
8. I love Chinese and Mexican food. They are so good!9. When I was a little girl, some of my mom's friends would give me their old purses and high heel shoes so I could play "house" with them. I loved a good purse with high heels, which is funny because I don't wear either now. I have to start wearing a purse because I am starting to lose things with Ethan and all of his stuff I have to keep track of.
10. I prefer vanilla over chocolate for most things such as pudding, ice cream, and frosting.
11. I love my sleep. Even as a little girl I would put myself to bed most nights without being asked. I hope my children do that for me!
12. I have never been a big eater. My family always gets on me for being so skinny, but that is just how my body is.
13. I always dreamed about being a mom when I was growing up. I would make up dreams and continue them at night and they were always about me being married with my family.
14. I don't like hot fruit such as apple pie, peach cobbler, or anything along those lines. I like fresh fruit, but not cooked.
15. I am proud to be a member of the church and have never been embarrassed to say I am. I think my friends have looked up to me because of my values and morals. In high school my friends knew I was Mormon and they often held me to a higher standard. I could tell they always watched the things I did.
16. I have never liked reading because I have always struggled reading. I hate that I can't just sit down and read a book. I don't know a lot of the words so therefore I don't always understand the storyline like I should because there is so much that I miss. I will do anything to not have to read out loud to people. It makes me so nervous and I freak out. I don't like being put on the spot.
17. The hardest two years of my life were when I was going to school at BYU Idaho, but it was also a good experience for me. I look back and realize I had a lot of fun and learned so much. I would do it all over again if I had to because it has helped shape the person that I am. I am glad I don't have to do it again though.
18. I feel really blessed. I know Heavenly Father has blessed me with wonderful parents, siblings, husband and now a child. I have been given much so I have much to give back. I feel my life has been pretty easy for the most part. I have never had something drastic happen to me.
19. I love to sing. I don't sing in crowds but I love to sing for fun. Most often I will sing the wrong words or make up songs from other songs. I know I am not singing the right words but I just sing for fun.
20. I am a happy person. I have always enjoyed life and I try to be upbeat.
21. I love flowers, especially sweet peas. I think they are really pretty but they are only grown in the spring/summer. We used to grow them in our backyard growing up.
22. I am easy to please. I am not high maintenance. Jared often thanks me for that!
23. I like to take a lot of pictures so we can look back and remember the things we did. I want to have lots of pictures of my children/family.

These are just a few things about me. I enjoy blogging so we can look back over the years and see what we did on a certain day several years ago. This has become my way of journaling because I am so bad at taking the time to write it out on paper. I hope this is something my children will enjoy when they are older. After finishing writing this I thought I would add a few more to the list.

24. My favorite holiday is Christmas. There are so many fun activities to do and it is a magical time of year. I think people are nicer to one another.
25. My favorite trip was going to New York and Washington D.C. with Jared for our second anniversary. I love to travel and hope to continue to travel my whole life. 26. Growing up I always wanted to be a teacher.
27. My favorite color is violet.
28. I always wanted fake nails growing up and I got them for the first time on my 18th birthday. It took a lot to convince my mom to let me get them.
29. I like fluffy cookies instead of flat ones.
30. I am good at keeping in contact with people. I always call my friends & family who I don't see that often.
31. I've never been to the ER. The only time I had to go to the hospital was to give birth to Ethan.
32. I've only had one stitch in my life because of a knife cut on my hand. Luckily, the knife went between my two fingers, but it still managed to cut the skin.
33. I love cheese, and I love putting it on everything. The more the merrier!
34. I love the rain. I love when it's a downpour with thunder and lightning, but it rarely does here in Southern California.
35. I have a hard time remembering the movies I see. Unless I really enjoyed it, I usually don't remember if I've seen a movie or what it was about.
36. I don't like wearing sunscreen - or even putting it on others. It feels way too greasy.
37. I can remember small details from years ago. For example, I know exactly what I wore on my 8th birthday.
38. I'm not good at knowing actors/actresses or matching their names with their faces. I could only name a select few...and that's on a good day!
39. I'm picky about my meat. Beef, chicken, whatever - if it has any hint of fat, I must remove it before I eat it. Otherwise, I'm not too picky about any other kinds of food I eat. I like it all!
40. At first, people think I'm quiet and shy. But once they get to know me they realize I can be wild and crazy.
41. I get scared when I am home alone, regardless of whether it is day or night. I hate it!
42. I brush my teeth twice at night. I will brush them and then repeat it right after.
43. I hate getting ready for bed. If I fall asleep before I am ready for bed it is so hard for me to get ready, but on the other hand I will never go a night without brushing my teeth & washing my face. If I fall asleep without getting ready I always wake up and no matter what time it is I will do it then.
44. My favorite jeans are from GAP. They are called Long and Lean. They are great pants!
45. I am not a big soda drinker but if I have soda my favorites are Root Beer, Orange, or Sprite. Soda in a bottle is an extra bonus.
46. I loved Elementary school, but didn’t really love Middle school or High school. I had a blast in Elementary school and my mom would have to force me to stay home if I was sick. In middle school and high school I would stay home whenever I could.
47. I played tennis in High School for two years with Leslie Anderson as my partner. We played tennis just so we didn’t have to do PE.
48. I love a clean home. It feels so good.
49. Starting as a little girl up until High school, I would clean my Grandma's house on Saturdays. She couldn’t do it since she was in a wheelchair and I am grateful for that experience because she taught me how to clean, along with many other life skills. She always taught us life lessons whenever she could. She was an amazing grandma.
50. I wish I had long hair but I can never get it to that stage. I always think it looks bad as I am growing it out, so I end up cutting it short again.
51. I like going to the beach but I don’t usually get in the ocean. I hate how it feels when you get out, but I have so much fun when I do get in.
52. I love living in Orange County and hope to stay here forever.
53. I have never been a big sports fan. I enjoy going to sporting events, but I don’t watch too many games on TV. Jared has gotten me more into it the last few years but I would rather be there in person instead of just watching it on TV.
54. I love being a mom and having Ethan as my fun little sidekick.
55. Some day I want to go to Venice, Italy. That is my dream vacation.
56. For our Honeymoon, Jared and I went to Hawaii for my first time. We had so much fun and I had always wanted to go there.
57. I have been on two cruises - first one to Mexico and the second to the Caribbean. I love cruises because they are so relaxing and everything you need is on the ship. It is a great way to travel.
58. My favorite candy at See's Candy is the raspberry cream. It has dark chocolate around the cream, which I don't normally like but it is still really good.
59. I want to do fun traditions with my kids. I love decorating for all the different holidays and making them festive.
60. I don't like taking medicine. I am really bad at doing it. I will take it if I really need to or if something really hurts, but other than that I am fine without it.
61. I am not a fan of doctors. The funny thing is that I am married to one (or at least soon to be one). It is not really the doctor that I don't like - it is what they do (or don't do) that sometimes bothers me.
62. I am a fan of seafood. I really like shrimp and prefer it to be breaded.
63. I like to go swimming in the summer, but I don't like to get my hair wet because then I have to do it again afterwards.
64. I like cream cheese and olive sandwiches. I have not had one in a very long time but my Grandma used to make them for us. It may sound weird but if you like cream cheese and olives they are so good together on fluffy white bread. What a treat!
65. I listen to music every time I drive somewhere. I love music!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Great list. I learned some new things.

Laurie said...

Like your favorite color, fluffy cookies (ha), and that you like cheese that much.