Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fun Holiday Weekend

Friday - The day started out with laundry, making cookies for Grandpa's birthday (a favorite of his), a surprise visit with Suzie Marquis until mom got home, and Ethan playing with Grammy. Since Ethan was gone I got to enjoy a nice lunch out with mom and Suzie at California Pizza Kitchen. In the evening we went to China Palace with the Goodmans to celebrate Matt's birthday. It was so good! Having really good Chinese (or what I call "real chinese") is such a treat for me. Chinese is definitely one of my favorite foods thanks to my Grandma. Growing up she would take me to Chinese restaurants and we became Chinese connoisseurs. We had our favorite dishes at different restaurants. We don't tend to have Chinese often since it's a little more pricey, but when we do I love it. Once we got home we watched the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. A day of what I thought was just going to be errands turned out to be a day out on the town. It was a fun day - thanks to Grammy for playing with Ethan!
Sunday - We started Valentine's Day out with a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon and cinnamon swirl bread. It's nice to have a good breakfast every once in a while. Jared and Ethan surprised me with a rose and a nice card in the morning. I made Jared a card and gave him a See's candy chocolate heart. Ethan came down with a little cold so Jared and Ethan stayed home from church while I went. They took a walk to the park and fed the ducks. Ethan loves the ducks but they can get pretty aggressive at times. In the evening we had a crock-pot dinner with chicken, potatoes and carrots. For dessert we had angel food cake with fresh fruit. Throughout the night we had a few deliveries from our friends with heart shaped sugar cookies. We had a nice day!
Monday - Jared was home from school for President's day so we went to the park to feed the ducks again and go on the slides. After Ethan's nap Kay came over to watch Ethan while Jared and I went to the dollar theater to see New Moon. We came home to a happy boy with a nice taco dinner. It has been quite the enjoyable weekend.

1 comment:

Bedkes said...

I love the picture of Ethan kissing you, so cute. Nice weekend.