Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My Cutie-Patootie

Ethan has been carrying around this Best Buy bag full of random toys this past weekend. It has been great for some self entertainment the last few days.

Ethan has been such a sweet boy the last few days. It is so nice to have him wake happy and stay content throughout the day. He has been waking around 6-6:30am (instead of the usual 5am) and that makes all the difference - a whole new boy! A few times in the last few days he has come up to me and sat really close or laid on me while looking up and saying something cute like, "hi mommy" while smiling. It is sweet to see him look at me so lovingly and take a minute to sit with me.

I feel he is aware (as much as he can be) of his soon-to-be baby brother. He will talk about baby Tanner sitting in the backseat of the car with him, drinking milk, having him read books with us and so on. Ethan will be a great older brother! This morning while looking at his shutterfly books that I made him (one for each year of his life), he pointed to one of the first pictures of him right after he was born and said, "baby was born!" I am amazed with some of the things he says throughout the day because it is not always something we have taught him, or it is something that was briefly mentioned a long time ago.

I have caught some cute video of Ethan singing to himself while playing. He has an amazing singing ability. He can hear a song once and remembers the words and tone, and will randomly sing it later on. It is neat to hear him sing I am a child of God or I love to see the temple. In a year's time he will be ready for singing time in primary.

Lately, I have been asking Ethan if he is my cutie-patootie, my milk man, or my taco man (whatever he is eating or doing at the time I will make up a name). Ethan will come right back and say, "No, I'm Ethan!"

We went to Disneyland with our friends on Monday afternoon. There were eight kids with us so Ethan was pretty entertained. It's supposed to rain a little this week so we got out when we could. We love going for a few hours before Ethan's bedtime!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Haha, I love the Best Buy bag. :) That's so cute that he knows a baby is coming and that he was born. Hehe. Can't wait to see him next week!