Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3 weeks old

This morning while Jared was showering I left Ethan downstairs watching a show and Tanner upstairs asleep so I could start the laundry. When I came back Ethan wasn't downstairs any more so I called for him and heard him respond from my room where I had left Tanner on the bed. He called back saying, "Mommy, I'm feeding Tanner!" I thought oh no, what is he doing? When I got to the room Ethan was hanging half way off the bed holding the pacifier in Tanner's mouth. I asked him if Tanner had been crying and he said, "Yeah, I gave him his pacifier." It was pretty cute to see Ethan step in and help Tanner out. I was glad that the pacifier was what he was "feeding" him.
I am starting to see some change in Tanner's size. He is still a little tike but is beginning to fill in. I have felt a bond with Tanner from day one. He is very aware of who I am and responds to my voice unlike anyone else's voice. I don't remember that happening so quickly with Ethan. Tanner will calm down to the sound of my voice and especially once I pick him up. He seems to be a little more aware of his surroundings. I am excited to see him smile and coo at us soon. I love having a baby again!
We have still been busy with the house hunt in LA. We were just about to sign a contract for a cute little home in a nice area with a good size backyard when another home (the one we had originally wanted) became available. About two weeks ago, in the beginning of our search we wanted this home (which we called the "cabin"), but it had just been taken the day before. It has the feel of a cabin to me because it has all the original appliances including an orange sink, yellow oven, flower stickers on the tub and a lot of wood panels throughout. It is nice but has never been remodeled so it has that older feel. It has two bedrooms, a large extra room which will be a playroom with a fireplace, a living room connected to the dining area, a kitchen, one bathroom, garage and good size yard. After lots of back and forth with the realtors it looks like we got the cabin house and will move in on June 15. The other home we were about to take was more updated and really cute but very small. It would have been fine but we feel this is the home for us. Jared just happened to see it listed again right before we were about to take the other one. The cabin is only a few blocks away from the little home so it is still in a great neighborhood. It is located in Tarzana, so in good conditions with no traffic it takes about an hour to get down to Orange County. We are very grateful we have been able to find a home that we like and one that will suit the needs of our family.
On Saturday Heather went through the temple for the first time to receive her endowment. It was a neat experience, especially to be in the temple with all our family, and I can't believe she is getting married in two days! Tomorrow the girls are going to get our nails done and then that evening we have a pre-wedding dinner with the Christensens.

No comments: