The last little bit we have been working on the alphabet with Ethan and he now has them down (largely thanks to the Letter Factory). He knows what sound each letter makes and can recongize most of them. Tonight he came into his room and saw the blocks that spell Ethan on his shelf and said while pointing, "That is the E, T, H" and so on. He then went downstairs and found some other letters and said, "That is the C, L and T." The boy is getting it!On Sunday during sacrament meeting Ethan was sitting on Jared's lap, so Jared took the opportunity to explain to Ethan why we take the sacrament. He told Ethan the bread and water help us remember Jesus. Ethan sat there patiently, eating the bread and then drinking the water, but when the deacons walked away Ethan looked at Jared and asked, "When is Jesus coming?" I guess he was expecting Jesus to pop in and say hi during the sacrament.
I am amazed at how Ethan is growing. He is really starting to comprehend what we tell him and is becoming a better listener. I have really seen a change in the last month since Tanner has been around. I think having Jared home with us and working with Ethan has helped. I feel like Ethan has kind of stepped up and taken on that big brother role. I love how he will tell me he loves me - sometimes with out me saying it, but if I tell him he always says it back. He will tell me I am the best and gets mad when I come back and tell him he is the best. He says, "No mom, you are the best!" I am grateful to be his mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment