Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shutterfly

This evening I decided to test out the photo books on Shutterfly. I have seen and heard about different companies that allow you to make calendars, invitations, photo books, etc. I tried Heritage Makers and Shutterfly, and I think Shutterfly is the way to go. It is free to use their program and it is more direct on what you can do and how to do it. I have decided that when we have kids I want to make a book each year for them as their "scrapbook." At the rate I take pictures, it would be very expensive to print them all out and it would take way to long to scrapbook them. I think it would be something they would enjoy over the years, to look back in a book about the highlights from each year growing up. I then want to put all of their pictures on CDs and they will have them all organized and easily accessible. There are different sizes of books you can make, and you pick the cover, format, layout, and everything about your book. Tonight I made a sample wedding book and it turned out really nice. I am not going to buy it but it was easy and fun. The books are very reasonable: an 8.5x11 book costs $29.99 for 20 pages, and every additional page costs $1. It is so neat because it is just like reading a hardback book with your pictures and story in it. I tried to post one of the pages but Blogger would not let me.

Well, this weekend Jared has had to work. He worked Friday afternoon 1-6pm, today 1-10 pm, and tomorrow 1-10 again. He has been able to get a lot of studying in, so that's a good thing. I babysat for Laurie on Friday night for a bit and then Jared and I went over to play games with Dad. We had fun singing Christmas songs (Jared played the piano and Dad and I sang). I was singing so loud and operatic that I gave myself a headache! Then we played Mormon Bridge and Spoons. Today I babysat Clayton and Jack again with Dad. We had fun playing and Clayton is getting so big.

This weekend Mom and Jeff went to Utah for a memorial celebration/dedication for Russell Maughan. I don't know the specifics of the event, but I remember going to the dedication when they put a plaque up when we were little. They have had a fun time and will be back tomorrow. Tomorrow our ward is having our Primary program and we have a part in it with our Sunbeams. It should be interesting to see how many of our kids actually say their parts and how many of them I will have to say for them. They have done well in the practices we have had, but they get scared when there are people in front of them. I am sure it will go well.

No comments: