Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thursday: For Thanksgiving we went to Arizona to visit Kay's parents and sister. We left on Thanksgiving day, Thursday morning, and got there in the mid-afternoon. For dinner we ate at a local restaurant and played Mormon Bridge.
Friday: Because we were traveling on Thanksgiving, we decided to have our Turkey dinner on Friday. We put the turkey in the oven and went to a high school and played tennis and softball for a few hours. It was really fun, but my body hurt the next day. I don't use those muscles much. We had a nice dinner and then went to the movies and saw "Casino Royale" and "Stranger than Fiction". I would recommend "Casino Royale" but not "Stranger than Fiction". I thought it was a slow movie, but it was fun to see two movies back to back.
Saturday: On Saturday we watched the BYU game and played some volleyball in Nanny and Poppo's backyard. Kay gave me that nativity (posted above) and I loved making it. It was fun to put it together, and when I was done I was ready to do another. I couldn't put it down until I was done with it. In the evening we played "Scene It" and a few other games.
Sunday: We went to church, took some family pictures and then traveled home. The traffic was stop-and-go at times but not as bad as we thought it would be. We had a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That is an awesome nativity that Kay gave you. How did you make it?

Those names Nanny and Poppo crack me up. How do you say them with a straight face?

Love the photos.