Sunday, March 16, 2008

Family Update

Ethan is now 6 months old and such a fun little boy. He is sitting up, rolling over, laughing, sleeping much better for naps/bedtime. He is starting to reach for people and loves to play with toys. He can pass toys back and forth between his hands and has a very strong grip. I am still breastfeeding him at night and in the morning, and feeding him formula during the day. He is quite the heavy boy but there are no rolls on him. He is just solid! I love having a baby and playing with him. He loves to be outside and on the go like me. He enjoys stroller rides and car rides. More often than not he will fall asleep in the car when we go somewhere.
Jared will be starting his second week in Pediatics tomorrow. He likes it but not like he thought he would. Before he started, he thought that Pediatics might be something he would consider practicing but he was surprised to realize he didn't love it as much as he thought he would. Things could change because it has only been a week, but the doctors he has been working with are nice so that is good.
Yesterday he found out he got into the MD/MBA program for next year. Jared had the opportunity to apply for this program last year but didn't give it much thought. A few months ago a spot opened up and they sent a letter to the medical students telling them there was an opening and this time Jared really got excited about it. He had never talked about this before, so it was kind of surprising because he told me he wanted to be involved in administration just as much as becoming a doctor. It is just an added year for another degree so why not. He will have more doors open and be a little more educated in business which can never hurt. This means next year, what should be his 4th year, will be his MBA year and then he'll contuine on with his 4th year the following year. He is one smart cookie!
I am still working at RBG 2 1/2 days a week. I really enjoy it because I am doing several jobs. I kind of do whatever I want or whatever they need me to that day. Sometimes I do demographics (entering in patient information, insurance, addresses, etc.) and other days I am at the front checking patients in. The office just expanded into another suite not too long ago so I have been checking patients in on the new side too, which is so nice. It is much quieter and more relaxing. I enjoy being there just for a few days so it is a break, but not all week. I have been thinking about quitting for a while now, but I really will pretty soon. Even though I enjoy it, it is best if I am home with Ethan. He will become more mobile soon which will make him a little harder to watch since you have to be by his side at all times. Part of the reason I have been working is because of the health insurance, but just this week I finally got health insurance through Cal-Optima, so that will make it easier to quit. The only thing left is that I now have to tell Glenn. Scary!

No comments: