Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Babycakes

I am grateful for this little boy. We have had a few extra difficult days with him this week but today he was a happy boy.

Here are some of the highlights:
-This morning we watched the construction men build part of a parking structure. Ethan loved watching them work with all their trucks, cranes and tractors. Ethan was in heaven and happily sat there for about 30 minutes until I got too cold. I had him dressed warm but I wasn't ready for the cold weather. I think this will become a morning tradition - we have done it a few other times and he loves it.

-We played with Madison and Blake which is always a highlight. Blake came to the park with us and played well with Ethan, but then again, they always do.

-While Blake entertained Ethan, I was able to feed him lots of lunch. It was very helpful to have the distraction.

-Ethan slept from 12:30-2:50 and then off-and-on until 4pm. I went to get him up but he went back. I think having a full stomach helped (I normally try to put him down with a full stomach but he won't always eat it). It was nice to be able to get a nap in myself.

-We went back to the park where Ethan played with all his friends and then went home and played really happily with his Daddy.

-On a good night (and tonight was one of them) Jared got Ethan to play really happily with him. Their new thing is to play hide and seek. Ethan runs through the hall laughing trying to find Jared. It was so cute to see him play like that.

-Today Ethan has said several new words and showed me several animals and objects I didn't realize he knew. I have been telling him about them, but today I asked him to show me an elephant out of a bunch of animals and he went right to it. He did it again with a snake, monkey, horse, duck and pig. He did it as well with other animals but I knew he knew them. It was fun to see how much he knew as he pointed and tried to say their names. He doesn't usually let me read books with him all that long but tonight he did and loved it.

-On his wall we have a wallpaper border of a boat, train, firetruck, and various stars. He knows the firetruck, boat and train but I didn't know he recognized the star. For months I have been telling him about it but today out of the blue he points to the star and says "star." Kids are such little sponges, and it is neat to see him express himself and show me some of the things he knows. It was a good day for us. We are so grateful for Ethan in our lives and all he teaches us. He is such a cute boy and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love Baby too. I'm glad he's been good and decided to simma down. :)