Monday, February 09, 2009

Been busy playing

Ethan has always been a busy boy who loves to climb and discover the world around him, but the last week he has taken it to another level. He has become interested in ALL our closets, cupboards, and dressers. His new thing is to empty the silverware and tupperware drawers, take all my shoes out of the closet and throw all our clothes on the floor. I usually let him do it once because he is not hurting anything but after doing it several times we have decided the lock is going on tonight! The problem is you can't have a lock on all your household drawers such as a closet or our dressers.
Yesterday I saw Ethan get the oats out of the cupboard but I was in the middle of something and thought he couldn't hurt anything. Then I heard some noise and knew why he was saying "uh oh". We got out the broom and vacuum and Ethan was in heaven cleaning up the mess. I tried to do it but he was persistent and wanted to clean up all by himself. I am training him well!
Ethan is playing better and is more content. He loves riding his cars and says "choo choo" as he goes around the house. We still watch out for the trashman several days a week and are becoming good friends with them. They seem to enjoy Ethan almost as much as he enjoys them.
Tonight Jack and Ethan took a tub together and water was flying everywhere. Ethan loves to splash and thinks it is quite funny. Jack on the other hand didn't think it was all that great at first but then got into it. Both boys were laughing and splashing each other and mom and I had the curtain closed to stay dry. We have been enjoying the cold rainy weather we have been having.

No comments: