Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pilot for a day

Ethan went on his first plane ride today, and he got to enjoy it in first class. We flew home from Salt Lake with Grandma Green. She is coming for a few weeks to stay with my family, so Ethan and I were the lucky ones to escort her. Having an elderly woman with dementia and a toddler in tow, I'd say it was a success. Ethan loved the planes and Grandma didn't have to go to the bathroom - what a bonus!
We were the first ones on the plane, so I got the stewardess take a picture of us in our seats. After she took the picture (which was really cute but way too dark) she offered to take a few pictures of Ethan in the cockpit with the pilot. They were so nice and let Ethan wear the pilot's hat and pretend he was flying the plane for a while. Ethan really enjoyed it.
As we were walking off the plane, one of the nearby passengers complimented Ethan: "He did great on the plane. I have two children around his age and I would never take them on a plane. You have a great little boy." Jokingly I told him I had been praying for a week that he would be good on the plane, and you never know what you are going to get that given day.
This was my first time in first class and it was very enjoyable to say the least. The stewardess came around several times with a basket of snacks we could choose from. Ethan and I just stuck with the pretzels, but it was nice to have such great service with as many drinks or snacks as you wanted. Since Ethan was underage and didn't have a plane ticket, he sat on my lap the whole time so the larger seats were nice. I am grateful to be home but we had a great trip!

No comments: