Saturday, August 08, 2009

Take me out to the ball game

Thursday Ethan and I went to Ladera Ranch to say good bye to the Dilanji's and go swimming with them. We went to a really neat community pool/water park that was great for the kids. They had umbrellas in the shallow water that you could sit under and look out. The waist-deep water was the perfect temperature on such a hot day. I enjoyed it more than a pool because Ethan could walk the whole perimeter and float around without me having to hold onto him too closely. I wish we had something like that around us - we would be there everyday in the summer. Ladera Ranch is a neat area with amazing homes, and they have swimming pools scattered throughout the housing communities with other neat park areas. We are sad to see the Dilanji's go but know they will love their new adventure.
On Friday afternoon when Ethan woke from his nap he was severely limping around the house. He had not fallen or complained all day so I didn't know what was wrong. In the morning I had wondered for a minute if I had seen him walking weird but I didn't notice it again until after the nap. The doctor's offices were soon to be closing for the weekend, and with our trip coming up I thought I should have him seen before we left. Luckily his doctor's office got us in within the next half hour. It ended up being three doctors that assessed his walking and they thought it was synovitis of the hip, which is inflammation in the hip joint and usually occurs after a viral illness. He didn't have any such sympoms leading up to that, but they thought that might be it. They said it should go away in a few days so we were relieved to know we would be ok to go to the Angels game that night.
Later in the evening we took Ethan to his first Angels baseball game for Mormon night. He loved it and was very well behaved and intrigued. We sat between both our families which he loved. He said "Angels", "bat" and "baseball" a lot. It was a late night for Ethan but it was worth it to have him with us. The Angels lost really bad, making it kind of a slow game but the company was great so it was fun.

No comments: