Being hooded by his Dad
Congratulations Jared! Today was the big anticipated day - Medical School graduation. Jared has worked so hard the last five years, switching back and forth from medical school to business school and now it's official - he's done and he's a doctor!! We couldn't be prouder! The ceremony was very nice, definitely one of the more enjoyable I have been to. I don't know if it was because of the anticipation or because the speakers were better but I actually enjoyed it. Jared's dad got to hood Jared which made the experience that much more special. Since Jared's dad is faculty at UCI he was able to do that; otherwise it would have been another faculty member. We are grateful for the family that came to support us and for all the love and support over the years.
Our days here at UCI are quickly coming to an end. We have loved our time here and have grown in many ways. When we started Medical School we had only been married for a year and now we leave having been married for almost six years and two kids later. We have met so many wonderful friends that we will remain close to throughout our lives. I know we will look back on these years and always have fond memories. Part of me hates to leave these years behind and move on, but the other part of me is ready to get out into the "real" world and start a new adventure. Thank you UCI for the great times, you will be missed!
The next few months will be an adjustment for us all. It will be sad to leave our family and friends behind and know we are still close. Having been out of the hospital for several months Jared will have to get used to the busy life of an Intern while Ethan, Tanner and I make new friends and figure out the new LA scene. It's been so nice having Jared home with us the last few months and we've taken in every moment of it, knowing the next few years will be intense for Jared. Medical school has been a great journey and I'm excited to see what the next three years hold in store for us.
Congratulations Dr. Goodman!
2 comments:
Congrats Jared!!!!!!!! What a HUGE accomplishment! I am very impressed with your self-discipline and hard work! It is surely paying off.
These pictures are so great. You all look wonderful. Child..so pretty!
Sweet parachutes. - last photo.
and, congrats!
Post a Comment