Monday, January 15, 2007

Here comes baby in a baby carriage

I found out this week that I am pregnant. I started wondering if I was pregnant at the beginning of this week because I had missed my period and I could tell my body was feeling a little different. On Thursday I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive, but Jared and I were a little hesitant about it because the vertical line was a little faded. The instructions said that didn't matter so I knew it was positive. Jared on the other hand wasn't quite convinced so I took another one in the morning. It again looked the same and so we called my doctor to see what to do next and he sent me to have some blood work done to confirm. On Saturday my doctor called just a few hours after I had taken the blood test and he said I was pregnant. It was nice to know for sure that I was pregnant so we could tell our families. Both families are so excited and so are we. It is still very unreal, but once my stomach starts growing I am sure it will become very real. Right now I feel pretty good. Some women start feeling really sick from here on out, but so far I just get an upset stomach at times...luckily, it's nothing that a little food can't fix. We figure the baby will be born near the beginning of September, around the 5th to be exact. I need to get a doctor and go from there. We are really excited and I am secretly hoping for a girl. I will obviously be happy either way, but it would be fun to have a little girl around since Laurie already has two boys. Really the important thing is that the baby is healthy. I would love it either way!

No comments: