Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fun filled birthday weekend

Yesterday we went to "The Music Man" with Jared's family at Orange Lutheran High School. One of Matt's patients played the part of Marian, one of the main characters, so we went and it was amazing how good the play was for a high school. The Fullerton Civic Light Opera even let them use their costumes, which I think is huge because they are professionals. I would say for a high school the play was semi-professional, and they must have spent a ton of money especially since they even had a live orchestra. Their theater was unlike any other high school theater I have ever seen because it was huge, seating a few hundred, and really looked brand new. We really enjoyed it and had a fun night.

Today I went shopping with Mom and Laurie for maternity clothes and we went out to lunch for Mom's birthday. We went to Lawry's Carvery which had some nice sandwiches and salads. Our first stop for clothes was to Gap, where I got a pair of pants, four t-shirts, and a church shirt. I didn't know it at the time, but Gap is definitely the place to shop for maternity because they have clothes that actually fit you and make you look good...too bad it's so expensive. After that we went to Old Navy, Target, Motherhood and JcPenny's. People told me Old Navy was going to have a lot but I really didn't find much that I liked or that fit. I have never fit really well into Old Navy pants because they are too big in weird places and then fit really well everywhere else. Since I didn't have much luck in normal fitting clothes, I can't expect to fit all that well in maternity; and that turned out to be the case. I did get some shirts, a pair of capris and a pair of really comfortable pajama-like pants that will be nice to wear around the house. All and all, Old Navy wasn't too bad, but I was hoping to be able to get a little bit more there. At Target I got two dresses and capris. I had no luck at Motherhood, but it definitely could have some potential later on. At JcPenny's I got a pair of pants and that was all for the day. I really did well and that should hopefully last me for a while. While we were shopping I realized how limited the maternity sections are in stores. It was fun but tiring at the same time.

This evening for Mom's birthday Laurie and John made a really nice chicken mango dish with asparagus, and for dessert we had angel food cake with strawberries and Heath topping. Mom got some really nice gifts, such as her Ipod shuffle that she wanted, an outing to Glen Ivy with Laurie, a Willow Tree figurine, and some towelettes. Later in the evening we played a round of Mormon Bridge, and Mom was the winner of the night. It was fun celebrating Mom today!

No comments: