Friday, April 06, 2007

It's a Boy!

Today I went for my first ultrasound and we found out we are having a boy! I am now 18 (almost 19) weeks along. I was not surprised when she told us it was a boy, but I would have been if she had said it was a girl. Since my dream I have thought it was a boy, and from the picture above you can tell it is. This is a butt shot of the baby. The ultrasound tech said this was the most obvious boy she has seen (meaning you really got a good view...there's no mistaking it!). She said we should be proud.
This is a side shot of the baby and you can see his hand with his thumb by his face. It is the lighter image by the face and you can see his four knuckles and thumb extended. At first we thought his thumb was in his mouth but I think it is too low. Throughout the ultrasound it looked like he was sucking his thumb (or at least was trying to). You could see him open and shut his mouth. It was really neat to actually see the baby.
The next two pictures are of the baby's face. You can see the forehead, eyes, nose and mouth pretty well. The ultrasound tech couldn't tell us much about the baby's health or development, but she assured us there is nothing to worry about. After the ultrasound we went to the Fishers and called everyone. We got a really nice gift from Laurie: a little blue onesie and a matching bathrobe and towel. It was very cute. Later we'll go shopping for some baby clothes and accessories. More pictures to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting! From the first picture it looks like he is going to take after Christy..."Baby Godiva." :) I can't wait 'til he comes!
Love,
Heather