Friday, August 10, 2007

Last Day at Work

Today was my last full day at work. I work tomorrow but it is just with a few doctors and a few nurses. Working Saturday is very low key which is a nice break from the normal chaos of RBG. I have had mixed emotions about leaving for maternity leave and as a result of that I worked an extra week into my leave. Now that I only have three more weeks before the baby, I am a little bit more ready to relax. I still feel like I could work up until the end but I know I need to take it easy and get some things done. I still have several things I need to buy such as diapers, a car seat, nursing bra, nursing pads, burp cloths, and the list goes on. I need to wash some of the baby's clothes and get the room all organized. I still can't believe I am going to have a baby. When I really stop to think about it, it seems real and I get really excited but for the most part it still is unbelievable.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with Joey and Mrs. Keogh. I have not seen either of them for a few years so we met up at Marie Callendar's and talked about old times and what is going on in our lives now. It was a nice visit and they are both doing well. Mrs. Keogh is still teaching at Elmo and Joey is going to school at Berkley. How he got in, don't ask me, but that is so good for him. He definitely has grown up since high school!

Danny came home last night and we got to see him for a few minutes. He looks good and it will be fun to have him around again. He got Ethan a onesie that says, Notre Dame on it. I think he is already trying to convert him to Catholicism. Tomorrow Dad, Mom, Heather, and Danny are all leaving for a week to Utah for the family reunion. They will be making several stops on their way there and back to do some sight-seeing, like Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. I wish I could go but it would be too hot and hard on my body sitting in a car for so many days.



No comments: