Monday, August 20, 2007

My Critter

This is a secret post to let my sweetheart know how much I love her on our anniversary. So, at the risk of publicly embarrassing her, I offer my feelings to the blogging world:

Christy is one of a kind. She is often the center of attention, and yet she makes me feel like I’m her center of attention. She can bring a smile to my face no matter what mood I’m in. She is kind and giving – even when I’m difficult to be around. She is low-maintenance, happy in any circumstance, and is often content with my poor attempt at a massage. She is adventurous and always up for doing something fun and crazy. She lets me watch baseball – and will even watch with me – because she knows it makes me happy. She supports me in my career, and never hesitates to offer me some “career guidance”. No matter what I’m doing that day, I can’t wait to come home and be with her – even if it’s just sitting on the couch and watching TV while I massage her feet.

Christy is dedicated to the gospel. She is so good about reminding me to read my scriptures and say my prayers. She is dedicated to her callings – even if they are difficult – and to serving her fellow man. She is a peace-maker when there is conflict and a comforter when there is strife. It is no coincidence that her name consists of the word CHRIST – for she emulates the very qualities that He has and that I strive to obtain.

Christy is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I can’t imagine my life without her, and I can’t wait to spend eternity with her.

She is the friend I admire the most.
She is the wife I deserve the least.
And she is the one I will cherish forever.

She is my Critter.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Aahhh Jared. That was so nice.

Happy Anniversary guys. Hope it was fun!!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. She is a keeper for sure. We love you both!