The other night Mom and Dad came over to bring me some indoor/outdoor carpet samples from Lowe's. We have been wanting to carpet our balcony so Ethan could have a little play area outside. We are trying to expand his play area as much as we can. We measured how large the balcony was and it was going to cost $30.
A few days this week the maintenance men had been ripping up the carpet in our old next door neighbor's apartment. I saw them cutting all the new carpet and I kept on thinking "I wish I could get some of that carpet". I almost asked the man to save me his scraps but I decided not to, thinking there would not be enough. When Dad and Mom were here I had mentioned this to them, suggesting we could go see what scraps were in the dumpster. We decided to give it a try and we were very successful.
We were able to get several large pieces and some smaller pieces to fill in the gaps. Now all we have to do is get double-sided tape and piece it all together and it will look great. I am so glad we did that. The next morning I opened the door and let Ethan play outside. He loved it! He was pointing to the birds and planes as he played with his toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment