Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun times

This picture was taken of Papa and his four grandchildren on his birthday. The family went over to the Brooks' house to have dinner and open presents. It was fun to be together and celebrate dad. From the picture you can tell it is hard to get four active boys to hold still and look at a camera. This was the best out of several takes.
The other night we invited the Bedke's over to make carmel apples with us. They are so easy to make and very festive. Ethan even enjoyed a bite or two. It is fun to have the holidays here. We still have a lot of Halloween activities we have to do. We are going to go Trunk-or-Treating at the church, go to a pumpkin patch, make Halloween sugar cookies, find Ethan a costume, and of course go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
Poor little Ethan boy has a cold right now. So many people have had colds the last few weeks so he finally got one. He is fine - he just has a runny nose. It makes naps even that much harder but at this point I will take what I can get. I am happy these days if he gives me at least an hour twice a day or if he combines it into one nap. He slept through the night last night and we were happy about that. Usually with his colds he has a hard time breathing so he wakes up. He has been doing really well thus far. Way to go Ethan!
Ethan is starting to say more sounds. He has this book that has a lion on the cover and he will point at and roar. When he wants to read a book he will point to the books and try to say "book" but he is not quite there. I have heard him say things that sound like certain words but I don't know if he is actually saying these words. He can for sure say ball, hi, and bye. Sometimes it sounds like he is saying "what's that" and he even uses it in the right context but who knows. I have also thought he has said "uh oh" or "oh". Soon he will be a walking talking machine.

No comments: