Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Fun

2008 is rapidly coming to an end and this has been a good year for us. We are so blessed and I can say that I have always felt that every year has been a blessing. I have had a great life and for that I am SO grateful. I know so many people around us struggle with major problems and I feel I have been blessed that I have had no big struggles in my life. How can I complain when I have a roof over my head, a wonderful husband and son, two amazing families that live so close and help us in any way they can, the church, friends and so many other blessings. I am excited to start a new year and get that much closer to graduating: although I love the student life, we will be one year closer to having an income. I am looking forward to seeing Ethan talk and continue to learn new things. The older he gets the funnier he becomes. I love being his mom. Bring on the new year!

Today Ethan and I went to Nana and Papa's to hang out. After work Jared met up with us to play games before we had to leave to put Ethan to bed. I made a 7 layer bean dip and got a few other New Year essentials. It was good! I love appetizer food because it is not something we eat that often. After some games we headed home and ate bread bowls with potato cheese soup from Marie Callendar's and watched Eagle Eye. We are not planning on making it to see the clock strike 12 since we have to wake early. I love staying home on New Year's and relaxing instead of staying up at a party. We were invited to several this year but happily turned them down for our beds. Are we an old married couple or what? We have had an enjoyable last day of 2008.

No comments: