Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Wicked good time

Yesterday Jared and I spent the day in Hollywood as my Christmas gift from him. We started the afternoon by seeing the movie The curious case of Benjamin Button. Danny had some free movie tickets that could only be used in Hollywood as well as some coupons for free popcorn and drinks, so we took advantage of those. It was definitely an added bonus to our day. Thanks Danny! We really enjoyed the movie even though it was a little sad at the end.

After the movie we walked around Hollywood Blvd and decided we would never want to live there. The environment is so dirty, there are weirdos all over, there's nowhere to park without having to pay, it is over-crowded and a hassle to do anything or go anywhere.
Before Wicked we got dinner at Baja Fresh, always a favorite. Wicked was amazing! We both really enjoyed it and would love to see it again. It seems like a show that wouldn't get old. I loved the characters and the music, and felt it was performed really well. We went to the late show and I did struggle to stay awake during the second half, which really is unfortunate because I missed a few parts. It was a long day and my eyes were burning but I managed to get through it. I definitely want to see it again.

Tomorrow Jared goes back to work and Ethan and I are going to miss him. It has been nice having him home for a few days. We are not used to him being home without having to study. We have had a really enjoyable weekend.

No comments: