Friday, June 05, 2009

Fun-filled Day

Today was filled with some unexpected fun activities. This morning Ethan was being a pill and I knew we needed to get out of the house fast, so I called Laurie and told her to meet me at Krispy Kreme for National Donut day. The first Friday of June, Krispy Kreme gives away free donuts so we took advantage. Ethan and Jack are becoming good friends which is nice to see. They like to imitate each other and be silly. I hope they form a great bond like I had with my cousins growing up.
Later in the afternoon Laurie called and asked if we wanted to go to Huntington Beach with her and the boys. She needed to pick up a toy kitchen set that she was going to buy from a lady on Craig's List, so we thought it would be a good opportunity for the boys to play on the sand since we would be so close. We never made it to the sand but we enjoyed watching the surfers and pelicans, and getting out in the fresh air.
Once we got to the beach it was dinner time so we decided to walk to Ruby's on the pier. Shortly after being seated, we ran into Michelle and Jim Brooks who also came to eat dinner at Ruby's. We happened to have two open seats so they sat down and ate with us. It was a nice treat to run into them. The boys all did really well and had a fun day together!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks fun! You'll have to go again so I can come too. :)