The last week or two I have been thinking about running a half marathon. I don't know where or how but I want to do it. It would be a neat accomplishment and something I would be proud of achieving. Running 13 miles is no small feat so now we just have to see if my little two legs can take me that far. When I told Jared I wanted to do this he said, "Why don't you try running down the street and see how that goes before you commit to something like this." It was pretty funny because he is right: I haven't gone running in years and I've never run more than a mile or two. Well, first things first - I needed a running partner so I convinced Mary-Anne into doing it with me. Jared and Karl might run it with us but we will have to see. We are going to officially start training on Thursday, but for now we are working on a schedule and getting mentally prepared. :) That is half the battle, right? Wish us luck!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Marathon Runner?
The last week or two I have been thinking about running a half marathon. I don't know where or how but I want to do it. It would be a neat accomplishment and something I would be proud of achieving. Running 13 miles is no small feat so now we just have to see if my little two legs can take me that far. When I told Jared I wanted to do this he said, "Why don't you try running down the street and see how that goes before you commit to something like this." It was pretty funny because he is right: I haven't gone running in years and I've never run more than a mile or two. Well, first things first - I needed a running partner so I convinced Mary-Anne into doing it with me. Jared and Karl might run it with us but we will have to see. We are going to officially start training on Thursday, but for now we are working on a schedule and getting mentally prepared. :) That is half the battle, right? Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You go girl!!!
mom g
Good luck! I am not surprised by Jared's reaction. Haha. I am a little surprised too, but good for you! I would like to do the same. Too bad my toes are already messed up.
You can do it!
Post a Comment