Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My little Ethan Boy

This morning Ethan and I went to Disneyland together. I definitely enjoy having a second adult with me, but we did alright. I didn't take a stroller and that is why it was a little challenging. Then again, it can be hard even with a stroller when you're by yourself since you have to break it down so many times (to go on the tram and train) while at the same time watching Ethan and holding the bags. Ethan wanted me to hold him most of the time and it was much easier and faster just to hold him instead of making him walk. I held him probably 85% of the time, and over four hours, that can really wear on the arms. When he walked he did really well and we took the train around the park to get from ride to ride. The weather was perfect today - light jacket weather with a few clouds.
Ethan can be so social sometimes. He cracked me up today on the carouselle: with no promting on my part, he started waving to everyone. It was as if he was a celebrity waving to all his fans. I think what happened was that, because he is usually with his grandparents or other family members that come to Disneyland with us, he is used to waving to them as they look on. Regardless, he had a blast and just loves being out and about.
Ethan is also starting to grow up. I know I say that all the time but every month there is something new he is learning, saying, or doing. He no longer takes a bottle - we've got him down to using only sippy cups. Fortunately, it was a pretty easy transition, which I definitely did not expect. He seems to enjoy his naps and bedtime as well. When we tell him it is bedtime he almost always gathers his blankies and says, "Night night!" That is definitely a blessing. He is learning to play alone with his toys which is really cute. We will find him pushing his cars along the couch or his trains on the table saying, "Choo choo!" I love seeing his personality come out, and I love staying home with him and having so much fun with him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Baby is cute. He has a great smile!