Monday, September 07, 2009

San Juan Capistrano

Today we went to the petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano. It was really neat because the kids could be hands on with the animals. Ethan loved riding the horse and waved to everyone he saw.
With no prompting by anyone, Ethan would reach over and gently pet the horse's hair throughout his ride. It was fun to see him be so loving to the horse.
The kids loved the train ride. I have never been on a train that takes you around so many times. By the end I was wondering if they were going to let us off. It was nice for the kids.
They had different areas where the kids could feed the animals carrots and varies other vegetables. For the most part, Ethan liked to throw the food down for them to eat instead of feed it to them.
After the zoo we ate at Ruby's and some of us headed home on the train since the little boys love trains. The train was an adventure in and of it's self because they sold us the wrong tickets and then kicked us off after only one stop. We had to get picked up in the middle of Irvine at the train station. It made for a longer morning, but it was still very fun.
After naps the Goodmans invited us to their house for a Labor Day BBQ. It was fun to swim and eat good food. I love holiday weekends!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That looks really fun. I like how they could feed the animals themselves. The picture of Ethan feeding the bunny is cute.

A trash truck came into my parking lot today to empty the dumpster and I thought of the nephews. I actually took a picture of it for them too. Haha.