Saturday we had a fun day at Sea World. I have lived in California my whole life and have only been to Sea World once when I was a little girl. I don't remember anything but the Shamu show and how wet I was the rest of the day. Well, after a 2+ hour drive to San Diego in Labor Day weekend traffic, we made it there just as the heat was breaking. We left all the kids at home and had an adult outing. It was unusual for us, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We almost took Ethan but last minute decided to let him get a nap and enjoy it when we go back in December.
Our first activity was the dolphin show. I was highly impressed by the dolphins and especially their trainers!
At night we attended the "Shamu Rocks" show. They played upbeat rock songs and the crowd sang along and waved their blue glow sticks. Let me tell you, Shamu can throw one happenin' party. Before we left we went to the Wild Arctic section of the park because I had to see the polar bears. We also saw beluga whales and a massive walrus. Heather, Danny, Doug, and I went on a ride there that was a complete copy of Disney's Star Tours ride. It was hilarious because the ride was not scary in the slightest, but the other people on the ride with us were screaming and making a big fuss. It was pretty fun.
We loved our trip to Sea World and enjoyed spending the day together as family. Next time we just need to have the whole family there. With naps it was too hard for the Brooks to go and Jeff and Jared had to work. All in all it was a great day!
1 comment:
This was tons of fun! I like you and Dan with the wheelchair. :)
Post a Comment