Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Boy Bed

It's been a long hard few weeks with Ethan. He is waking anywhere from 4:30-5:30am every morning for the last few weeks with short naps in the afternoon. I think it is due to the time change, being off his normal routine, and away from his own crib for so long. We are still staying with Joy at the Goodman's home so things are a little harder. Only a few more days and then we will be back at home in his new bed. He hasn't slept at home for almost a month now. Because we are having such difficulty with him not sleeping and constantly climbing out of his crib, we figure we might as well transition him to a bed. We don't have much more to lose. I figure if he wakes any earlier than 4:30 he is bound to roll over and to go back to sleep with a drink or something, right? If not we are fully prepared to let him cry on the floor or in his bed with a child proof lock on the door. He is such a fighter that it should make for some fun times ahead but better now than when the baby comes. I found cute bedding at Target that I think Ethan would love. It has trucks, trains and planes on it but of course it is expensive - not any more than any other bedspread - but when you add it all up with the sheets, pillowcases, and comforter, you have spent a small fortune. Despite that, I think it would be cute and something he would love - who knows, he might actually like going to bed!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I vote you get the sheets and pillow cases. Then get a plain blue comforter. ...something like that.

Laurie said...

I second that motion.

Christy said...

I think I will!