Monday, November 09, 2009

A start of another week

Today Ethan has been busy mowing the lawn with the gardeners. He was right in there with them, mowing just like they do. He goes in their same patterns right behind them and turns the corners just like a gardener does. The head gardener was talking to me and commented on that. He said, "He is smart, he watches what we do and then does the same thing, very precise." Over the last several months they have really gotten to know Ethan and are so good to him. The gardeners take care of five other homes on the street so there is lots of gardening to watch on Mondays.
Ethan just woke from his nap in this picture. He is really growing up and we are just starting to see him do more imaginary play. He will get down on the floor and push his cars around while making sounds. He loves to play with toy kitchens and make soup. I am excited to see his imagination grow and see more of this play come about in the next few months. Most days by 9 am I am out of stuff to do with him because we have already played hard for three hours. Most people have only been up for an hour and are still in their pajamas. This morning by 9am we had made a nice egg/fruit breakfast, played with trains, read books, went on the swing, went on a wagon walk, watched Erika clean, mowed five people's lawns, chased kitty cats and played in the backyard. That is more than most moms do with their children in an entire day! I am not saying that because I think I am the best mom, but to show how amazed we are when we see Ethan playing on his own because that is foreign to us. We know someday we will get to a point where he plays a little more independently. We are grateful he is a smart little boy who loves to play hard.
We are staying at the Goodman's the next few weeks watching Joy, and Ethan loves having Joy around. He has been playing so well with their train table. It has been great and makes me think we just might need one at our house. With another little boy on the way I know it would be a great investment and a much loved toy. We haven't gotten one up until this point because we have always felt we didn't have the room - and still feel this way - but it is Ethan's love and if he will play with it happily on his own for an extended period of time, we are willing to buy it!Today Jared went to White Memorial Medical Center for another interview and liked their program. Looks like this is a common theme so far, which is great but we might have a hard time narrowing down the options. It is located in LA and a bonus about this program is they have on-campus employee housing that we could live in. You of course have to pay for it but I would think it would be reasonable and Jared said it looked pretty nice from the outside.
I made some good eats and hot treats today. Ethan was a fan of my enchiladas tonight. My new way of making them is more of a casserole than burrito style, but we seem to like it better that way. Top it with some tomato and sour cream and you are ready to go. I made some bite size cookies, perfect for little Ethan boy, and plan on making more for FHE tonight. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's funny that Ethan mimics the gardeners. I've noticed that he's pretty precise when he mows too.

I like when you give me dinner ideas on your blog. Keep them coming.

Good luck with all the interviews and deciding on where to go next year. (Stay close!!)