Well, yesterday was Jared's first day back to school, starting his Internal Medicine rotation. He left at 6:15am and didn't get home until midnight, what a long and hard day for him! I felt really bad for him because he only got about five hours of sleep the night before and he was gone so long with little to no break. I really haven't talked to him much since he got home so late last night and was gone by 6am this morning. He is not sure when he will be back tonight but last night he was thinking it would be around 7-8pm. He is thinking that might be pretty standard. He said it was hard and will be pretty demanding on him. In his rotation there are 4 groups with two people in each group. Jared just happened to be placed in the group with the hardest attending over him, with the hardest cases as well. He will be working with cancer patients which is way more involved then what his classmates have to do. Last night he gone home so late because he was on call and will be on call every 4th day. This morning he had to report to his head attending about his patients from yesterday which was kind of nerve racking for him. He will have to work 6 days a week and he gets Saturdays off right now. It doesn't look like he will be able to go to church with me for awhile but hopefully he will be able to get off for the baby's blessing since he is the one blessing him. He said his resident is the one who tells him the day they get off and for some people it varies from day to day but his team gets Saturday off. For some reason today is his resident's last day over him so he will be getting a new resident so his day off may change as well. Well, that is pretty much all I know but it should be interesting.
Today I went to the doctor and I am all healed. She said everything looks good and I am weighting in at 110, which is exactly my weight before the baby. I was luckily that I lost all my weight two weeks after Ethan was born. I just need my skin to tighten a little more but other then that I am pretty much back to normal. Also, the doctor was nice enough to give me an extended disability leave which is great because I will get a few more pay checks from the state without having to go to work for it. I am glad I recovered so well and that the baby and I are healthy.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment