This evening Jared went on a tour of the new UCI hospital which will open the beginning of March. When Jared and I went to the orientation for Medical School at UCI a few years ago, they told us about their new hospital that would open the year he was leaving from school. Well, the hospital is up and almost running now and because Jared took an extra year to get his MBA, he will get to use the new facility during his 4th year. It will be neat for Jared to get to experience the hospital he has heard so much about before he goes to residency.I read an article about the UCI hospital and it said, "University of California, Irvine Medical Center again has been ranked as one of the nation’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. This marks the hospital’s eighth consecutive year on the “America’s Best” list." It is pretty neat that UCI is a ranked hospital and well-known.
"UC Irvine Medical Center plans to open its new, state-of-the-art University Hospital in 2009. The facility will include spacious, private rooms and an additional 191 beds that will offer patient-oriented healing. Carefully planned intensive care units, treatment rooms, laboratories and surgical suites will further facilitate the university’s educational mission and its ability to provide bench-to-bedside research and leading-edge care."
Thinking about this hospital makes me think about the match that is coming up this March for residency. Jared would be done with Medical School this June and we would be finding out where he would be going to residency in a few short months. I can't believe we have come to the end of Medical School. Although it would be nice to be done this June I am glad to have this extra year. I really enjoy where we live and the situation we are in. I know I will miss these school years so I am taking it all in now. We have been so blessed to live so close to both families, have great friends within walking distance, and always have something to do and lots of people to be around.
No comments:
Post a Comment