Today Ethan said a few funny things: "I not big, I just little big."
"Daddy get dressed, go to school and come back in a few days."
"Happy Birthday Christy! Thanks, bye!"
Baseball season just started so Ethan has watched for a few minutes here and there with Jared. He really enjoys sitting on Jared's lap and learning more about baseball. He now throws his football like a baseball pitcher with his leg up and crossed just like a pitcher's windup. Pretty cute to watch!
Ethan is at a really good stage. The last little bit we have seen huge improvement in his ability to be happy, play well and just go with the flow a little more. He is eating so much better and must be going through a growth spurt. There are things we have tried to get him to eat that he would never try, and now he eats them willingly and asks for them when he sees us eating them. It's a nice change and I'm going to continue to expand our dinners to give him more variety.
Tomorrow I am a week away from my due date. I still feel great and can't complain. At this point I am still sleeping well except for one night this week when I was up for a few hours worrying about labor. The labor really starts to worry me towards the end of my pregnancies. Having done it once before doesn't make it any easier mentally for me. If anything, it makes it worse but most people say the second time is so much easier so we will pray for that.
Yesterday we went to the beach with Laurie and the boys. Ethan was in heaven! The water was cold at first and killing my feet but Ethan didn't seem to mind his bright red frozen feet. Once we got used to it we were fine and the weather was perfect. Ethan is brave as long as he is holding on to my hand - and I am ok with that. I am grateful he wants to hold my hand and loves jumping over the waves. He was a perfect boy and so happy in the water.
Yesterday evening a few of my friends had a surprise baby shower for me. Chelsie, who organized it, gave away the surprise a few days before because she was afraid I would be in labor. I assured her I didn't think that would be the case so we kept the fact that I knew just between the two of us. The girls showed up at my door and took me to Claim Jumper for dessert and gifts. It was a night evening out with great friends. We really should do more outings together in the evenings without our kids. It is nice to be able to sit, talk and relax without the distraction of little ones running around.
1 comment:
Ethan is so funny. I can't wait to see him soon.
I'm glad you had a fun surprise baby shower. You look great!
Post a Comment