Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nordstroms...I'm back!

It has been way too long since I have been shopping. Walking into a mall today felt weird. Since I have been married, I have tried to be conservative with our money since Jared is in medical school. I hate to go into stores because I see things that I want but just don't feel like I can spend the money on. Clothes are so over-priced sometimes. Well, the last little bit I have realized I only have a handful of outfits to wear. It really has become sad to look in my closet because it is so limited. It is easier to get a little here and there so you don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe after not shopping for so long. My problem is I have a lot of winter clothes because I was going to school in Rexburg before we got married. Then we moved to Utah for a year and still needed my winter clothes. Now that we're living in California I need lighter clothes but I just haven't found clothes that I am willing to wear. And with the current style, the good clothes you actually do find cost an arm and a leg. Everytime I have to wear something other than my scrubs, I have a hard time finding something nice. Today my mom and I went shopping at Crate and Barrel to look for some holiday decorations, but we had no luck. We need to wait a while until their Christmas decorations come out. I really don't even know what the style is these days since I am not surrounded by too many people. I know last time I went shopping I couldn't believe the nasty clothes options, so luckily I was not tempted at all. But I have been needing some tops for some of my church skirts so I got a few today. Hopefully, they work out!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Very cute Christy! You always have an eye for the cute stuff. Teach me...