Sunday, September 17, 2006

The weekend

On Friday night Jared and I went out to dinner with Matt, Kay, and Steve and Michelle Chipman to Lone Star Restaurant. The food there is so good. Jared and I love to get something that we both will enjoy and share it. I got the Texas Trio (which came with shrimp, steak, and chicken) and he got the salmon. It was so good and it is always nice having leftovers. After dinner we went to a presentation on Eliza Snow at Gary and Elizabeth Smith's house. Every few months or so they have different presentations so the Goodman's have been to a few. It was interesting and we learned a lot of things that we didn't know before. Afterwards, we played a hand of Mormon Bridge and headed home.

Today we went to the Goodman's again to wash our clothes; Jared studied and I watched the "Path to 9/11". It is a five hour mini-series of the events from the bombing in 1993 at the World Trade Center to Sept. 11. It went back and forth from the FBI investigations to the terrorists planning the attack. It showed all the planning that took place in between those years and the efforts of the Muslims to attack us throughout. It was interesting but really long so I skipped the middle section. It is kind of unsetting to think that we were warned so many times at least months before but did nothing about it. I know it is a very complicated situation but I think they could have at least tightened security at the airport when they heard the terrorists were going to attack us with our planes and it was going to be in our country. I don't think that would have caused any mass histeria. It was interesting to see that several of the terrorists that day or the days before were stopped at security for one reason or another but all the personnel still let them through. Even if we had stopped them that day they still would have attacked evenually but it is just too bad. Well, tonight we went out with Chris and Suzie. They are our friends from UCI. He is in Jared's class and they are in our ward. Last weekend we went to Disneyland with them and that was fun. Tonight we went to a pizza place and an ice cream shop that are just down the street from our apartment, but we had never been. Chris has been talking about their pizza and said it is the best he has ever had so we thought we would give it a try. It was really good and so was the ice cream. Afterwards, we went back to their apartment and taught them how to play Mormon Bridge and watched some clips from Saturday Night Live. For me that part was kind of boring because I just don't find that stuff funny. It was a fun night and I have to go to bed now because I can hardly keep my eyes open. It is almost 1:00 am and we have stake conference tomorrow and have to be there at 9:30.

Tomorrow we are eating dinner at the Goodman's house. Matt is making his roasted chicken on the BBQ. He is the BBQ man and really enjoys trying new recipes that people from work give him. After that I think we will go to Mom and Dad's for a bit.

No comments: