Saturday, September 02, 2006

Our last weekend before school starts

It has been a relaxing few days. On Thursday night Jared and I went out to Marie Callendar's for dinner. We received a discount coupon through the mail for our anniversiery so we thought we would use it. You get $5 dollars off a meal and two free pieces of pie. You can't beat that! During dinnner Laurie called and invited us to go with her and the boys to watch John play softball. We went to the Tustin sports park and watched some of the men from T3 ward play. They made a good effort but in the end the other team won. To tell you the truth I don't know what the score was or didn't see much of it because I was holding Jack. While at the game we saw Blaine Burch who is Paige's husband. Jared and Paige grew up together in the same ward and she just had a baby a month ago. After the game her husband invited us over to see his baby so we went. I love holding newborns, and she is so small.

On Friday we went to the park again with the Brooks and Danny to have a picnic and go for a walk. Right when we got there we saw a geyser. It turns out a guy hit the fire hydrant and it sent the hydrant right off. When we finally decided to go see it the fireman was almost done turning it off but it was pretty entertaining. After the park Jared and I decided to spend the night at my mom's house since we had to come back down the next day. We watched half of The Phatom of the Opera and of course I ended up falling alseep during it. I have a hard time staying awake for movies after 9pm.

This morning Clayton and Jack came over for a few hours so John and Laurie could go tile shopping for their bathroom. We made a good breakfast this morning: eggs, bacon, peaches, and orange juice. This afternoon Laurie and I went to see Click at the dollar theater. It was maybe worth a dollar but not any more. Adam Sandler is the main actor so it had some unnecessary parts. That is the nice thing about $1 theaters: even if it is not the best movie you only spent a few bucks so you don't feel like it was a waste. Tonight we are going to Paige and Blaine's apartment. They invited us to go watch the BYU football game with them so we are going to go for a bit. We are not big Football fans but it is fun to get out and be with friends.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the movie!! I have to say that I enjoyed it even though Adam Sandler is a pervert. There were some good laughs in there.

Thanks for hanging out at the park and helping with the kids this morning. So great. It is fun to spend time w/ you guys. Did I leave my CD in your car today? How sad.