Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good to be back

It has been nice getting back in the swing of things. We had so much fun on our trip and it was such a memorable experience, but we were happy to be home in our apartment again. When I go away on a trip to another state or when I went away to school, I always come home so glad I live in Southern California. It honestly is a great place to live because we have everything we need so close to us. We live in a big enough place that you don't have to drive but a few mintues to find at least three different choices of grocery stores, a Target, mall, or anything you may need. We are really blessed to have that. In New York we learned how crazy it would be to try to do anything there. Sometimes I think we don't realize how many blessings we have. The small and simple things can sometimes be one of our greatest blessings.

For lunch today everyone but dad and John went to Black Angus for some good eats. Most of us got salmon and top sirloin. It was really good and they were really fast getting the food to us. It was much appreciated since I had to get back to work in less than an hour. It was our last hoorah before everyone went back to school. Tomorrow mom, dad, and Heather are leaving to take Heather to school. My mom and dad will be gone for a week and a half because after they take Heather they are continuing to Wyoming to meet with a distant relative at a family reunion. They have never met her or any of these people before but we are related and they are excited to go over geneology together (or something along those lines).

1 comment:

Laurie said...

We should get together a few times while they are gone. I'll send you the lunch pic so you can post it. I still need to finish seeing your trip pics. Send me the plane ones and the iron lung one if you can.