Friday, August 11, 2006
This week
I have been trying to post my last cruise entry for a few days now. I still can’t get the pictures to post, maybe later it will. Sometimes this blog can give me big troubles. Well since I have written last, a few things have happened. Doug left on his mission to Brazil on Tuesday. Over the last year or so Jared and I have gotten to know Doug a lot better. Last summer we were his “parents” for Youth Conference. It was kind of weird being a leader over the youth since I feel like one myself, but we had a lot of fun. He is a great guy and will be a great missionary. Tonight my dad (or “my boy child” as I call him…this is one of my nicknames for him) will be interviewed by Elder Perry since they are changing the stake presidency this weekend in the Orange Stake. It will be weird not having Steve Hansen as the Stake President and Jim Brooks and Jared’s dad in the presidency. Growing up they were really the only presidency that I remember. Our family has always been close with the Hansens. My mom growing up babysat Joyce’s children and then we played with her children as well as grandchildren. The stake presidency has been serving for 10 years now so I am sure they are ready for a change. It has been a joke the last few years that the Fisher girls are trying to take over the stake presidency since we have married into two of the three families: Laurie marrying into the Brooks and me into the Goodmans. They have been a great presidency that will be greatly missed but I know the new presidency will be excellent as well. This weekend we are going to attend Saturday’s session as well as the Sunday session of their stake conference. It is so neat that the presidency as well as the high counselors get to have a one-on-one interview with Elder L. Tom Perry. Well, last night Jared and I went to the dollar theater and saw X-Men 3 and tonight we are going again to see The DaVinci Code. We love having a dollar theater so close to us. Movies these days are so ridiculously expensive at $10 a person. No thank you! We can wait a few months and see it for $2 instead of $20. Tomorrow we are going to watch two dogs for a few days until we go on our trip. We have to spend the night at the house, feed them, run them and so on. This summer I have become quite the dog watcher. I have done it about 5 times or so and have made a lot of extra money. The funny thing is I am not a dog lover at all. No one in my family is. I hate how they smell, jump on you, slober, and their hair gets all over you; in my opinion they are just another face to feed. I am not a fan, but I like the extra money. It is funny because the people I watch the dogs for wouldn’t even know I really don’t like dogs. I just feel dirty around them…but it’s really not that bad I guess. I have to say some dogs are ok. I am ok with small, quiet dogs such as Ace, the Goodman’s dog. About two weeks ago Jared and I were watching one of my co-workers dogs and it was so funny to see Jared run this dog. It was more like the dog was running Jared. I couldn’t keep up with them but the dog was so determined to go where he wanted and he wouldn’t slow down for anything. It was funny. Well, we are off to the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment