
Happy 57th birthday Dad! For your birthday I wanted to write a post about you. I hope you have a great day. You have been such a great dad to me and I want to thank you. When I think of you, there are so many qualities that I think of. I think of what a hard worker you are. You have always worked so hard for our family and you are a great provider. You go to work and then come home and work so hard at home.
You are a Christ-centered man. You have always been such a kind and gentle man. You never speak badly of others and you honor your priesthood. You don’t have a mean bone in your body. There was a time I remember when we were little and you tried to get us kids under control so you tried to get our attention by raising your voice a bit but it just didn’t work. We all started busting up laughing because you were serious, but it was so funny because you are too nice to be mad.
You have all the qualities that a girl looks for in a husband. Growing up, my friends have always told me that they wanted to marry a man like my dad. I was always so proud to say, “Yeah, that’s my dad, and someday I want to marry a man like him too.” Well, I did! I am grateful that you set a high example for me of how a man should treat a woman.
You make your children feel special. I loved spending time with you and going on dates with you. Growing up I always loved going to the store with you, and you would usually let me get a treat. I remember getting tiger milk bars with you at the grocery store. That was always a treat! When I would see you pull out of the driveway I would run after you so I could go with you.
You have always kept up with your exercise. You are someone that can’t go to bed if you haven’t run for the night. I loved going on runs or a bike ride with you in the evenings. We would usually ride to Grandma’s house and back. You would always sing, “Come home, come home, come home with Christy Ann” or “It’s a jolly holiday with Christy” to me while we would run.
You have always put your family first by spending time with us. You will do anything for us. You always went to our baton competitions and participated in our activities. You love to play cards with us and will do whatever we want you to. You are a hands-on man with your wife, kids and grandchildren.
You are someone who serves others. You have always been willing to do anything for your family no matter what time it is. If it is late in the night and we are sick and need medicine, you would run to the store and get it. You would go through leaps and bounds to make sure we have everything we need. You are so loving!
There are so many other attributes that I see in you, but these are just a few. I am so grateful for the father you have been to me and the love you show me. Thank you for all your hard work and the great example you have set for me. I love you and am so grateful I can call you dad!
Love,
Christy the Critterchild
No comments:
Post a Comment